KAFENIONS IN KAMILARI
In Kamilari, during the daytime, you can relax on the terrace of one of the cosy kafenions. Besides the delicious refreshing drinks, Greek coffee or fresh orange juice you can also order small snacks.
There are 6 kafenions:
* KAMILARI: as you enter the village. Maria and her two sons would like to invite you onto the terrace for a drink or snack.
* KENTRO: in the narrow alley on the way to restaurant Acropolis. You will be pleasantly surprised in the restored kafenion. Irini and Stelios restored this kafenion beautifully in a traditional style. Irini serves a delicious breakfast in the morning, nice cold drinks during the day or tasty food in the evening.
* MARCO: is a cosy kafenion directly opposite the Church in the heart of the village. Marco and his family will be pleased to see you. From the terrace you can watch daily village life in the south of Crete.
* TO STEKI: on the pleasant terrace of "to steki" (next to kafenion Marco) you can have e.g. a good breakfast, your first coffee of the day or in the evening a nice meal. Vangelis makes you feel at home. In the evening it is also an excellent place to sit and watch village life. The cakes, freshly baked by his wife, are well known in Kamilari. Vangelis favourite saying is: "Don't stress the chef"
* Ouzeria MEZEDOPOLIO on the edge of the village, a little further than restaurant Kelari, located in a delightful garden. Manolis and his wife lovingly prepare the tastiest dishes and drinks.
* KALIMERA The newest kafenion, owned by Manolis and Dominique, is very cosy and is just around the corner from the church square.